Forums > BootBuild Copy of boot sectorSearch  Log In
AuthorMessage
ayaz
India
Posted: 27 Jan 2015
After restoring a volume to a partition on a new disk. Hidden sectors needs to be patched under certain configuration. For this I am using Boot Build 1.0 and it works great by entering new value in "Hidden Sectors" box. Well, this makes the ntfs boot sector copy invalid. Verified using active disk editor and opensource testdisk. Can you fix BootBuild to handle boot sector copy too?

Click for larger image

ayaz
India
Posted: 28 Jan 2015
More details, hidden sector change from 206848 to 2048. The result is, backup boot sector is not updated and volume signature mismatched too.

Click for larger image

ayaz
India
Posted: 28 Jan 2015
verification result.

Click for larger image

Roadkil
South Australia
Posted: 16 May 2015
Hi there, you can use my sector editor for a boot sector copy. Just open the boot sector, copy to the clipboard, change disks and paste! But i will add some more features to this when I have time along with a partition editor and support for non 512 byte sector sizes.
R
Ma.
Posted: 21 Apr 2016
I have 2 identical Dell 6000 Laptops.One the boot sector has a 4Kb sector on the disk.How can I copy the boot file from the good Pc and put it in the bad one?I ran boot build ant it now asks for a boot disk when I try to start it. Rick

Page: 1

You must log in to reply to messages
Please log on
User Name:
Password:
Forgotten your password? Click here